There are five requirements that must be met in order to enroll a patient in a Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) program.
- The patient must consent to participate in the program.
- The devices must be registered with the FDA and be ordered by a qualified medical professional.
- Data captured by a device must be wirelessly synced.
- Patients must record and transmit readings for at least 16 out of 30 days.
- The data monitoring services must be performed by a physician, a qualified healthcare professional, or clinical staff (RNs/medical assistants), subject to state law.