There are 5 CPT codes for remote patient monitoring - 99453, 99454, 99457, 99458, and 99091.
There are 5 RPM CPT® Codes. At a high-level:
- CPT® Code 99453: Reimburses for patient set-up. Can be billed once per episode of care.
- CPT® Code 99454: Covers the transmission of data from the device. Can be billed every 30 days provided the patient has taken 16 days of readings.
- CPT® Code 99457: Covers clinical staff time for monitoring the data and engaging with patients. Requires 20 minutes of time and one, live, 2-way call with the patient each month. Can be billed monthly.
- CPT® Code 99458: Reimburses for additional 20-minute increments of clinician time. Can be billed in conjunction with 99457 monthly.
- CPT® Code 99091: Covers the same activities as 99457 but is reserved for physicians and QHCPs only. Reimburses at a higher rate than 99457 but requires 30 minutes of monitoring and can be billed monthly.